1. Paste the chrome: // settings into the URL field and press Enter.
2. Scroll down to the On Startup section and select Open a specific page or set of pages.
3. You will see the URL of your current default start page. Select the three vertical dots on the right and choose from the Edit menu.
4. In the Site URL box, enter about: blank. When finished, click "Save".
Now, when you open the browser, it will open a blank about: blank page and will not display any web pages or run any scripts. Many people think that it speeds up the process of opening Chrome and other browsers.
- Select the menu in the upper right corner of your browser and select Options.
- Select Home from the left navigation menu. </ Li>
- Select Custom URLs under Home & New Windows.
- Enter about: home in the field.
- Close the menu, the home page settings will be saved.
Note. You can also choose Blank Page from the dropdown instead of Custom URLs and this will have the same result.
In Apple Safari:
- Choose Safari> Preferences> General.
- In the Home section, type about: blank
- Close the tab and your settings will save
In Microsoft Edge:
- Select the three-dot menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select "Preferences" and go to the "On Startup" section.
- Select Open a specific page or pages.
- Select the three dots on the right, choose Edit, and type about: blank.
In Internet Explorer (if you're still using it):
- Select the gear-shaped menu icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the Home section, enter about: blank
- Click OK to close the window.
How to remove about: blank as start page
How to remove the about: empty as your home page
If you really want to remove about: blank as the current start page, simply repeat the above process for your browser, but replace about: blank with the URL you want to use as the browser start page.
If you have about: blank set as your start page, but you've never configured it that way, or your browser often opens a new about: blank tab even if you don't click anything, there may be malware or a virus on your computer. computer.
In this case, be sure to follow the steps to remove malware from Windows PC or malware from Mac.
If you encounter this problem on your Android device, there are apps to help you remove malware from Android devices as well. If you're using an iPhone, you generally don't need to worry about malware or viruses.